Tuesday, January 26, 2016

two pics to love

So our temps dropped another ten degrees and it's a nice crisp cold with snow flurries one day and sun shine on others so I can't complain.  I'm loving the slower pace of our days with Chinese school done for the first semester and out for a month long break.  My little two are still in preschool three mornings but other than that we are home and it gives the big kids so MUCH MORE TIME to just play and I love it!  Chinese school has a ton of perks but I'm a big fan of more time at home too.

My home schooling highlight from last week (and honestly, maybe from the whole semester) is this sweet little note Julianna attached to her Astronomy book.


And proof that our days are chilly and our home is much warmer than outdoors- foggy windows!  


This was clearly written early in the morning before one sister had reason to temporarily 'forget' her love for the other! ha!  they are sweet friends but they can drive each other (and me!) bananas at times!  I'm thankful it's mostly love, and that they took the time to write this message during one of those moments.  

I wanna be more of an encourager, quick to point out what's right, eager to find the good in my kiddos... so this little note was a good start to my morning too.  I saw cold gray skies and poorly insulated windows - they saw a little spot to spread the love.  

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sweet notes. Glad the days are crisp and clear.

Julie Redfern said...

I love those sweet moments when they all get along.