Sunday, September 20, 2015

the rest of the week

Wednesday morning I trudged through the rain (again!) to the train station and caught my 8:43 train to a nearby city.  These bullet trains are fast, and punctual.  It's a restful ride for me and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there immensely.   It was easy - I love the people there, and I was resting easy about my people at home!

Anna got the little two off to preschool, and then spear-headed the painting and assembly of this model of the solar system.  Science is a bit of a lightweight in our home school but we are thoroughly enjoying our Apologia Astronomy.  Mostly we just read and then take some notes in our notebooks and occasionally enjoy a little extra project.  Tonight we watched Louie Giglio's Indescribable video on youtube.  [If you haven't seen it and enjoy astronomy, I highly recommend!]


The big kids aren't the only ones who enjoy time with Anna.  She reads to the little boys almost every afternoon.  Piles and piles and piles of books.


Thursday flew by and we capped the week with a girl party :)  Our dear friends sent three of "their" girls - two daughters and a college aged friend - to spend the night.  It was so super fun!  Matt took our boys out to dinner and the girls ruled the house for a while.  There was a little line dancing session and mucho giggling and so much delight everywhere.  I tried not to notice that I was the oldest person by about, oh, ..... too many years :)  ha!


We woke to more rain Saturday (boo! cancelled soccer practice!) but by mid morning it was obvious that we were headed towards what might be the prettiest day this month.  So we decided it was time to load up the troops (at this point there were 11 of us in the house) and get to some green space.

More on that next time, I must be off to bed.  Mondays take a lot of energy around here :)

Last minute photo-addition (fun pic from Matt's camera of the boys with Daddy while the girls line-danced!)


1 comment:

Mom said...

So fun having a girls night! The solar system project is awesome. Will watch Giglio's video.