Wednesday, July 8, 2015

another milestone

Big day for Isaac!  His final day of preschool!

With the girls out of elementary school for the summer Isaac asked if he too could quit school.  He enjoys school, but I wouldn't say he is a big fan, so it was a pretty easy decision to pull him out.  And with that, his local preschool career is over :)


[I'm not a huge fan of their classroom management techniques, but with 40 kids in one room I can't really judge.  I'm sure it's not easy.  I'm also sure Isaac was one of their favorites.  He's just an easy-going kid who aims to please and makes peace and learns fast.]


So my short run with all three boys at the same school is over.  Next year Isaac will join us at the home school desks in the morning, and head off to 1st grade at the elementary school with the big sisters in the afternoons (assuming he gets admitted.... we are still waiting on paperwork and nothing is certain until the lists get posted, but we are hopeful he will get in to their school).

Luke and John Paul are about done too.  We leave for vacation next week and will pull them out of school then and not send them back til late August or early September.



I'm thankful for this school.  Very thankful.  It's not always easy, and there are days that I think having 5 children in the local school system is just more than I can handle, but we continue to feel that this is a good choice for our family.

Oh, and I should have gotten a better picture of his new backpack.  He was thrilled to upgrade to something more appropriate for hauling loads of books in anticipation of starting at the elementary school this fall!  yay Isaac!  You're gonna be an awesome 1st grader!

3 comments:

Paul said...

Big day for Isaac. Off to college before you know it.
or should I have not said that
love
Dad

Anonymous said...

Congrats Isaac!
Julie

Grandmama said...

That new backpack looks huge! Congratulations, Isaac - moving on!