Monday, June 29, 2015

the girls, lately

I cut Lydia's hair short for the summer.  I cut off a lot of Julianna's too, but it's hardly noticeable since hers is just. so. long.  It's beautiful though, both of them have great hair.

and this one is looking more and more like me every day :)


And then I took both girls to the optometrist this morning.  If it sounds simple, trust me, it's not.  The health care system here is a crazy mess.  I dread, dread, dread trying to do just about anything involving medical professionals.  But this particular task worked out spectacularly well.  I was concerned Julianna needed glasses but she doesn't, at least not yet!  Both Matt and I wore glasses early, so I'm assuming they are in her not-too-distant future ... but it's nice to scratch this concern off my list, (for now)!


Our weather these days is incredibly muggy, humid, wet.  It's not super hot, but the air is so moist.  Not my favorite.  Tonight after dinner Matt went out to play soccer with the older three while I read books to the littler two.  Isaac especially loves to play soccer, and he especially loves to do it without the mini-brothers at his side!  Our days aren't nearly as long as ND summers, but the late sun sets are nice and it's fun to get outdoors after dinner.

I love changing seasons.  And I'm excited about our summer.  This time last year we were landing here, re-establishing a home and place and routine for our family after seven months in the U.S.  The year flew by.  

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love the haircut and 'definitely Laura's daughter' look! Glad no glasses for the time being. Love you all!