Monday, June 22, 2015

a bear with a ring

Maybe the best part about John Paul's wedding party excitement is hearing him call himself "the Ring Bear".  His older siblings capitalized on this mistake and even taught him to hold his hands up like claws and make a growly bear face.



It's crazy cute.  And he was crazy excited about his Ring Bear day.  I was a tad nervous he might get scared and not walk, just like last time.  We talked about being brave even with the big crowd of people watching him.

Last time I made a rookie mistake - sat about three rows from the back and John Paul walked straight to me and quit, refused to go any farther.


This time I sat three rows from the front.  But he didn't even need me.  Proudly strutted down the aisle, handed the rings to the groom (who gently pointed out that he should hand them to the best man!) and then ran back to meet me, cute as a button and having accomplished exactly what he set out to do!


Fun times for everyone, the Ring Bear success, the reception afterwards.  This couple has a pretty amazing story and it was a treat to be a part of their big day.  And a blessing to call the Ring Bear one of my own!

4 comments:

Susan said...

What a precious bear! Great job John Paul!

Paul said...

I like a Ring Bear too
love
Grandaddy

Anonymous said...

SO cute!!
robin

Grandmama said...

That is the cutest ring bear I've ever seen! Glad you hit a home run this time, JP. Love you!