Monday, May 4, 2015

ten years later

Tonight Matt and I, together with the five and Mom and Dad head for the train station.  Our destination is actually a place that we visited together once before, exactly ten years ago this month.  I was pregnant with Julianna :)

Matt has been back again in the ten years since, but I haven't.



We have almost 24 hours of travel, but spirits are high and I'm optimistic.  The boys are beside themselves with anticipation.  Luke wore his favorite train shirt in honor of the occasion.


He tells almost everyone he sees that the train has bunk beds and he is sleeping on the top bunk by himself.  He's three - and lives in a bit of a dream world :)  The train does have bunk beds, but I'm not sure he'll be up top, and I'm positive we didn't buy enough tickets for him to have his own bed.

I'm finishing packing now, and we'll head out as soon as the girls school bell rings and Matt gets home from work!

2 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

So very exciting. Have a wonderful trip.. Love to you all. And prayers too.

Anonymous said...

I hang,t been on blogs for a very long time. I'm starting here, and enjoying the tales, train rides and scenes. So love you all! BN