Thursday, April 2, 2015

to the panda bears, with friends

It's always special when friends from the States make it to our side of the globe.  And it's not something we take for granted!

Tim and Twyla were only here for a short visit, but it didn't take long for the kids to warm up!  Matt and I really enjoyed longer visits with them in the evening, after the little troops were in bed too.

On the only full day of their visit we knew that the Panda Research Base was a must-see.  First trip for John Paul and the first memory-making trip for Luke.  (Our last trip was spring 2012, with infant Luke and knee-deep in John Paul approval paperwork.)



These guys never disappoint.  I took disappointingly few pictures, but my hands were otherwise occupied!  After a full morning of panda watching we headed back into town to meet Matt and some friends for lunch.

Our afternoon flew by and Tim provided after dinner paper-airplane-making entertainment for everyone.  Luke is probably Tim's biggest fan :)


Twyla was a tremendous blessing, listening to Lydia's chatter, playing cards with Isaac, patiently allowing John Paul to be "on her team".


I have a group picture (with me in it!) from the panda base, but it's not on this computer so I'll have to post it later.

We are steam-rolling towards Easter.  Our dear friends welcomed a baby daughter this morning and I've already been up to the hospital for a snuggle :)  Matt is on a brief road trip and the girls and I lead an Easter activity at a local school tomorrow morning.  We started our Easter garden today too.  Our pipe-cleaner Jesus is praying tonight, and we'll move him to the cross in the morning.  [Oh, and I'm waiting til Matt is home for the egg-dyeing.  I've been pretty impatient these last few days and I'm not sure launching an egg dyeing party is gonna help anything... best to wait for reinforcements!]

2 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

So wonderful to see Tim And Twyla with all the smiles. Love hearing about their stay. Love you all.

Mom/Grandmama said...

The pandas always so special. Look forward to seeing the family egg dyeing photos!