Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I think I'll be six now

But now I am six, 
I'm as clever as ever, 
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.  
(A.A. Milne)

Six!  All the birthdays seem like big ones.

I'm grateful to have this boy in my life, grateful for the one who first made me a mother-of-sons.


Lydia's gift was a kite.  And Isaac was crazy excited about it.  We experienced just enough success to satisfy our desires and are eager to try again (with Daddy's help, on a windier day).


To lead this pack of boys is no small task.  Isaac is perfectly suited to the job.  God knew.


She knew when she bought it that her kite-gift was special.  And she was right.

[He got loads of other treats from the sibs, including a pack of mentos (Luke) and a highlighter (part of Julianna's gift).]


Lunch date with Daddy.  Every time one of these rolls around I'm mostly jealous for MY birthday lunch date :)  Ha!  But I'm also delighted to hear Matt walk in the door, looking for his date, and the smiles as the birthday boy heads out the door.  Such a sweet way to celebrate the birthday child.


He is very attached to me, this Isaac.  Very.  Wants to be near his Momma.  The feeling is mutual :)


Seriously precious.  We are getting SO. MUCH. OLDER!!!  In the past three months we've gone from "5 kiddos, ages 2 to 8" to "5 kiddos, ages 3 to 9".  The jump is not lost on me!


Getting ready to sing.


And to finish off the evening, a fresh start to another read through The Chronicles of Narnia.

Happy Birthday dear Isaac, Happy Birthday to you.

3 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Precious post, Luara. Happy birthday to just about the most wonderful new 6 year old ever who lives (sadly) so far away, dear Isaac Luther. You are not only a huge gift to your family, but a huge gift to me. I love you so much, Isaac, Happy Birthday.

Krisanne said...

Happy, happy birthday, Isaac! We love you!

Love, Auntie Krisanne, Uncle Paul, Jonah, Caleb and baby

Grandmama said...

You're looking every bit of six, Isaac. Getting so tall and strong! Did you save one of those bright blue cupcakes in the freezer for Grandaddy and me?