Wednesday, December 3, 2014

this afternoon

The girls are back at it - more rehearsals.  As it turns out they did well, really really well, in the competition.  Now they are performing again, this time on television!  ha!  I have zero details at this point, my guess is it'll be on the provincial station?  

My first reaction to this news (more rehearsals, I mean) was a deep sigh.  I was about done with all the drama (pun intended!)  The biggest complaint I have is that I never know when they will finish for the day.... I wait til I get a phone call and then head up to school.  Now school is close, but it's still a trip with the boys and the whole late afternoon/need to cook dinner thing is kind of a big deal.  OH well, surely it'll be done soon.  And I really am excited for them!  Af first they weren't too fired up about more rehearsing but with the "you'll be on tv" news they've perked up a bit!  

So our afternoons feel long and lazy with no 4pm walk to school.  Today the boys colored and cut up some older Christmas themed coloring books and we created manger scenes.  My John Paul is really growing up!  He'll be FOUR on New Year's Day.  And his smile is pretty incredible :)  


Isaac majors on attention to detail, precision, thoughtfulness.


Luke was in my lap (he's a bit of a marker fanatic these days) and the two bigger boys were working hard on their artwork for a solid chunk of the afternoon.  Such a fun way to spend time with my boys (even if I am missing my girls!)

Then came the phone call, and a scramble to get out the door while gluesticks and scissors and crayons scattered :)  Got our big sisters and hurried home to start dinner.... then lights on the tree and finished the ornaments too.  The last four hours were full, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Very handsome pictures and artist.

Mom said...

What fun you guys are arriving this Advent season! And I know the girls are excited about being on tv. Hope the rehearsals don't last too much longer!