Tuesday, November 4, 2014

these crazy roommates

It's that time again.  Our own little holiday.  


These days just get more fun with each passing year.


Julianna's face looks so much OLDER than her last year photo.  Ohmygoodness.  She's growing up.


Lydia is my only top bunker (for now).  Her Carolina (bunny) is white "because the love wore the pink right off her skin".


Luke, aka the baby-mate.  His little cot is tucked against the wall in the girls room.  Everyone is happy with the temporary arrangement, but the boys are dreaming triple-bunk dreams and I'm guessing that Luke will be firmly ensconced in the boys' bedroom by this time next year.


Wild and wooly, goofball crazy.  These two are so fun together.


Every child needs a tiger like Bei Bei.


I know, I know.  He has a great smile.



Yesterday the girls wrote acrostics about their roommates, a little something fun to add to our Roommate Anniversary Journal.  [Don't be too impressed, everything I learned about acrostics came from a Fancy Nancy book and some vague memories from elementary school.  a poet I am not.]

It was a fun day, mostly normal with some treats at the beginning (strawberry banana shakes) and end (movie night).  Tomorrow is a rare day where Matt and I switch hats and I head off to work while he manages the home front.  These kinds of days come along about once a year (just often enough for me!) and I'm actually able to step in to a (day) trip that he would normally be a part of.  I'll be leaving early and home late.  And I'm really excited about the things I'm going to do and the people I'm going to see!

3 comments:

Grandmama said...

Love this post. Wonderful photos, wonderful times! Looking forward to being a part of the family scene before too long. We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post, Laura - and a wonderful tradition for your family!Your kids are really growing up!! Thanks for sharing!
robin

Anonymous said...

having siblings is such a blessing. Susan