Saturday, October 4, 2014

all about whales

No local school in the afternoons opened up a whole host of fun options for the family!  I decided to invite a few friends to science mini-camp ....   I didn't have a lot of firm plans, or really any clue what I was doing, so I kept it small and simple.  One hour each afternoon for three consecutive afternoons.

We usually don't cover science topics in a formal sense during home school, so this was a sweet way to squeeze in a bit of science and have a ton of fun.  If I can manage to arrange some more of these mini-camps over the next months then we just might cover a lot of territory :)


Having a few friends join our camp totally shaped the experience for my kids and made it feel special.  We covered whales (and dolphins) and if they had half the fun I did then it was a big success :)

[The pic is of my 'campers' at the end of the last session, showing off their best page in their science camp notebooks!]

The kids will be asking for science camp again soon, they had a blast.  And I'll be glad to do it - the trick will be finding the right time once we head back to local school on Wednesday.

Science isn't the only camp we've been talking about this week - Matt and the older four are out camping right now!  This has been an early October tradition for our family for years - so glad we can keep it rolling.

No comments: