Wednesday, September 17, 2014

in long sleeves

These two were ridiculously excited to wear a long sleeved t-shirt.  I cannot explain why.  We really should get out more :) 

The temps are just cool enough to consider long sleeves without breaking into a sweat merely thinking about cloth covering your arms.  Fall is in the air, and we will enjoy it because experience tells me it won't last long!  


I'm dreading the transition from summer to fall to winter clothing.  When we arrived in June I went with a  "stuff it and deal with it later" technique.... all the clothes we weren't currently wearing I crammed into suitcases and under beds, planning to deal with it later.

It seemed brilliant then, my decision to prioritize getting settled as quickly as possible.  It seems less brilliant now when I realize that there are super duper sized piles of clothing that need sorting; by gender, by size, by season.  Shoot me now.

Anyhow, we happen to have approximately one long sleeved shirt each (they were in the airplane carry-ons for a chilly 'night' in the airplane cabin).  The forecast says it'll be quite warm again this weekend so I'm putting off the big clothes sort for another week, at least.


Tonight I took the kiddos out to dinner.  It's 'party of six' with Matt on the road and we had such a great time.


And ordered dessert :)




2 comments:

Mom said...

Long week without Matt. Know you're looking forward to Friday evening. Love to all of you!

Grandma Jan said...

Painting, yeh. Looks like fun. Glad for Friday evening for you too.