Wednesday, July 16, 2014

my view

I spend a lot of my day looking at this.... this is the view from our dining/kitchen area through our living room to the school porch at the far end.


I call this "relatively picked up".  It gets tidier, but also a LOT messier.  My kids cannot leave those seat cushions on the couches and I'm about to forfeit the battle :)  he he.  [Not really, I'll not forfeit this one.  But I am learning that the pull of the couch-fort is irresistible.  It's give and take around here.]

And this other frequent scene ... cooking with the littlest two.  At 9:15 this morning Luke climbed up onto a bar stool and told me he was ready "to help you cook supper".


Unfortunately, I was not yet ready to "cook supper".  We compromised and went to the pool instead.  But early afternoon rolled around and we were busy :)

Cooking with these guys can make a simple recipe quite complicated.

But worth it :)

3 comments:

Susan said...

Took me a minute, but I see your other sous chef peeking through the mixer! Have fun cooking with those cuties!

Grandma Jan said...

Happy normal day to you all. Love you.

Mom said...

How wonderful to have an open floor plan where you can see the whole gang while working in the kitchen.