Thursday, April 24, 2014

few more Easter pics

Just a few more before the holiday slips into my memory bank....

We did do our Easter garden this year, though at one point Julianna was doubtful the (then-frozen) ground would lend to a garden :)

But we found some nice rich Dakota soil to fill our pan.  And then added all manner of stones, moss and evergreen bits to dress it up a bit.


I missed pics of the many stages this year, but I continue to love this activity as it helps us "see" Jesus move through the events of the week - praying in the garden, hanging on the cross, in the tomb, and then the angels announcing the empty tomb.


We also read a pile of new Easter books that I found at the library - I've missed our holiday book collections.  It's good to read new and different stuff ... but I love the "we always read this book at Easter" traditions too.

And we dyed Easter eggs... thanks to Grandma for spearheading this one!  With a traveling husband I'm not sure I would have attempted the egg dye on my own this year :)  Surely we are just a few years from this becoming a less stressful activity!










We had a lot of fun.  Totally worth it.  Especially with Grandpa and Grandma helping all the littles!

2 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Loved it all. Grandma Jan

Mom said...

So glad you got to do the Easter garden - special memory making! What fun for Jan and Luther to help with Easter egg dyeing!