Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Artwise

Late last week we visited the local elementary school art show (hosted by the convention center).


It was a total hit for everybody in the family.  We moved fairly quickly through the girls' school exhibit (and saw their art displayed - Julianna's seahorse, Lydia's butterfly) and then headed towards the activity area.


There were all kinds of hands on activities for children to make and see and do.  Even a local potter working with his pottery wheel - very cool!


All five got their faces painted - even Luke!  I wasn't so sure how he would hold to the task of sitting still while a complete stranger painted his face.


He had plenty of support from the big sibs!  And he impressed me with his patience.

This town is small enough that an event like this is so low-stress do-able for the whole family.  The girls roamed a bit on their own and I didn't feel like I had to keep them super close by.  Of course we ran into a number of people that we knew too :)

Just a fun way to spend a late afternoon (although I was running low on steam by the end and ready to get through dinner and bedtime.  ahhh, those late afternoon/evenings can be pretty draining for me!)

I'm getting lots of incredible pictures from Matt who is ending a quick trip up into the mountains.  He'll be back in the big city for two days and then start his trip back to us!  I'll post some of those pics tomorrow.  Prepare to be jealous :)  [I am.]

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sure the fingers in the ear helped Luke sit still! I love that picture! Looks like a fun evening.

Anonymous said...

sibs power, huh? susan