Wednesday, March 12, 2014

just a day

This morning my neighbor brought over some extra food that she got from the senior center in town.  Not the first time that she has done this - shown up on my doorstep with free food!  Apparently the senior center sometimes can't use up all the stuff that it receives and she's happy to pick up the extras and bring some along to me.  [......wonder why she thinks we might be able to eat up some extra food.... ha!]

Today's load included about 30 precariously ripe bananas.  I made four loaves of banana bread and we still have a pile on the counter (that will end up in the freezer).  


Grateful for this unexpected gift.... 

Early afternoon Isaac and I worked on his allowance poster.  With his fifth birthday just a few days away he's eager to begin receiving allowance :)  We usually start with a poster style set of envelopes as we divide saving/spending/giving and later move to an easier to use method for money storage. 


Our house is full of creative energy and this young lady is constantly dreaming up something.  Today it was "scientists in the jungle" and the team of researchers was busy scanning for animals .... 


... and examining interesting finds with their magnifying glasses. 


The carpet-clutter is all picked up, the kids are all in bed, and I can't think of any more good ways to procrastinate so it's officially time for me to head over to the pile of work that I've put off for a few days now.  ugh.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Such a busy household! Love seeing all that you are doing.