Tuesday, March 4, 2014

BB (quite possibly the closest we'll ever get to pet-ownership)

It's official.  The bunny has a name.

B.B. (as in B.ackyard B.unny)

BB is such a friendly little fellow and he's won all of our hearts.  I'm especially endeared to him because he doesn't require anything of me :)  [This is the only kind of pet I'm willing to consider at this point in our lives, the kind that requires absolutely nothing of me!]

On days like this one - (mostly at home, loads of laundry and house cleaning and a massive grocery run plus some outdoor play time while I cooked supper) - we see lots of this bunny.  He's quick to dart off when we are outdoors, and I see him scamper away when I pull in the drive, but he's also brave to come right up to the picture window, so close we could almost touch him.


Everybody likes him, it's easy to enjoy a furry brown bunny hopping around a snow-covered backyard.  Luke calls him BB and also "bunn-by".  "Hiii Hiiiiii bunn-by" he hollers.  And also, "bunn-by, are you?" meaning "bunny, where are you?"

And we do feed him on occasion.  This still falls in the "requires nothing of me" category because I only give him scraps and it doesn't bother me one lick if we don't feed him anything for weeks on end.

He seems to be a fairly well-nourished bunny, I'm thinking he might get the same scraps from our neighbors, or maybe he's fairly resourceful with all the frat house extras from the backside of the alley.  When he leaves our yard he's almost always headed out our back gate (towards the fraternities) or towards our east-side neighbors.

Grateful for a little bunny and all the fun he brings our family.


1 comment:

Julie Redfern said...

What a perfect pet! Glad you are all enjoying watching him.